1. Agricultural Economics Research Institute (LEI-WUR), The Hague.
2. Nowicki, P., V. Goba, A. Knierim, H. van Meijl, M. Banse, B. Delbaere, J. Helming, P. Hunke, K. Jansson, T. Jansson, L. Jones-Walters, V. Mikos, C. Sattler, N. Schlaefke, I. Terluin and D. Verhoog (2009) Scenar 2020-II - Update of Analysis of Prospects in the Scenar 2020 Study - Contract No. 30-CE-0200286/00-21. European Commission, Directorate-General Agriculture and Rural Development, Brussels, ec.europa.eu/agriculture/analysis/external/scenar2020ii/index_en.htm.
3. CLUE-s is not employed in this exercise for detailed land-use projections, considering the tightness of the budget and the time period allocated for the chain of modelling operations.
4. The years 2002 or 2003 for CAPRI, depending on the type of data being used; this is indicated in the text. The year 2007 for LEITAP is estimated and extrapolated data.
5. Technically, the decomposition has been implemented by a sequence of consecutive scenario runs of where each decomposed element has been added. This method gives only an indication or approximation of the size of the various impacts. This is because the size of the impacts is dependent on the order of the scenarios (path dependency). As the initial situation for the various scenarios is slightly different the height of the bars cannot be compared one-to-one across scenarios. Finally, cross or interaction effects are not separated out.