Home Business & Finance Driving sustainability to business success
Many executives find meetings unproductive and a waste of time with more talk and less action. However, if properly managed, meetings can be effective and have results.
Table 14.1 provides a few suggestions to make your meetings more productive.
Management reviews to international standards, looks at the continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the management system(s) (ISO 9-14-18), as well as changes required and improvements (OFI). The review covers both inputs and outputs, which do not need to be reviewed all at once, and may be done over a period of time. Complete reviews may be done tied to quarterly budgets, as an example. The policy statement should be reviewed at least yearly for an update.
The inputs to the management review would include:
• Information from previous management review meetings
• Changes in external and internal issues relevant to management system, including strategic direction
• Information on performance of the management system, results of internal audit(s), communication/customer feedback, and effectiveness of meeting customer satisfaction
• Monitoring and measurement results on process performance, envi- ronment/health and safety performance and product conformity/ productivity/profits, status of nonconformances and corrective actions, accidents/incidents
• Changes to management system (legal, policy, objectives/KPIs, management system), technology, innovation
• Recommendations for improvement for quality, environment, health and safety, and new opportunities for continual improvement
• Adequacy of resources for maintaining an effective management system
• Effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities
The outputs from the management review will include any decisions and actions related to:
• What actions need to be taken or changes need to be made to continually improve the effectiveness of company's IMS and related processes?
• What new objectives and targets need to be set, and who will manage them? What actions are needed to continually improve products/ser- vices, meet customer requirements, and improve customer satisfaction?
|< Prev||CONTENTS||Next >|