1. AR Bradwell and RG Hughes. Atlas of Hep-2 patterns and laboratory techniques. Binding Site, 2007.
2. Albert H Coons and Melvin H Kaplan. Localization of antigen in tissue cells ii. improvements in a method for the detection of antigen by means of fluorescent antibody. The Journal of experimental medicine, 91(1):1—13, 1950.
3. Woodruff Emlen and Laurie O’Neill. Clinical significance of antinuclear antibodies. comparison of detection with immunofluorescence and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 40(9):1612-1618, 1997.
4. P. Foggia, G. Percannella, P. Soda, and M. Vento. Early experiences in mitotic cells recognition on hep-2 slides. In 23rd international symposium on Computer-based medical systems, pages 38-43, 2010.
5. P Foggia, G Percannella, P Soda, and M Vento. Benchmarking hep-2 cells classification methods. IEEE transactions on medical imaging, 32(10):1878-1889, 2013.
6. R. Hiemann, T. Buttner, T. Krieger, D. Roggenbuck, U. Sack, and K. Conrad. Challenges of automated screening and differentiation of non-organ specific autoantibodies on hep-2 cells. Autoimmunity Reviews, 9(1):17-22, 2009.
7. R. Hiemann, N. Hilger, J. Michel, J. Nitschke, A. Boehm, U. Anderer, M. Weigert, and U. Sack. Automatic analysis of immunofluorescence patterns of hep-2 cells. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1109(1):358-371, 2007.
8. R. Hiemann, N. Hilger, U. Sack, and M. Weigert. Objective quality evaluation of fluorescence images to optimize automatic image acquisition. Cytometry Part A, 69(3):182-184, 2006.
9. P Kern, M Kron, and K Hiesche. Measurement of antinuclear antibodies: assessment of different test systems. Clinical and diagnostic laboratory immunology, 7(1):72-78, 2000.
10. Yashwant Kumar, Alka Bhatia, and Ranjana Walker Minz. Antinuclear antibodies and their detection methods in diagnosis of connective tissue diseases: a journey revisited. Diagn Pathol, 4(1):1-10, 2009.
11. Pier Luigi Meroni and Peter H Schur. Ana screening: an old test with new recommendations. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 2010.
12. Artemissia Phoebe Nifli, George Notas, Marilena Mamoulaki, Maria Niniraki, Vaso Ampartzaki, Panayiotis A Theodoropoulos, Mark J Kopnitsky, and Elias Castanas. Comparison of a multiplex, bead-based fluorescent assay and immunofluorescence methods for the detection of ana and anca autoantibodies in human serum. Journal ofimmunological methods, 311(1):189-197, 2006.
13. American College of Rheumatology. Position statement: Methodology of testing for antinuclear antibodies. www.rheumatology.org/practice/clinical/position/ana_position_stmt.pdf, August, 2011.
14. NO ORDER. Anti-coxsackie virus ifa (iga, igg or igm) biochip mosaic test system test instruction.
15. G. Percannella, P. Soda, and M. Vento. A classification-based approach to segment hep-2 cells. In 25th international symposium on Computer-based medical systems, pages 1-5, 2012.
16. Petra Perner, Horst Perner, and Bernd Muller. Mining knowledge for hep-2 cell image classification. Artificial intelligence in medicine, 26(1):161-173, 2002.
17. P. Soda. Early experiences in the staining pattern classification of hep-2 slides. In 20th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pages 219-224, 2007.
18. P. Soda and G. Iannello. A multi-expert system to classify fluorescent intensity in antinuclear autoantibodies testing. In 19th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pages 219-224, 2006.
19. P. Soda, G. Iannello, and M. Vento. A multiple expert system for classifying fluorescent intensity in antinuclear autoantibodies analysis. Pattern Analysis and Applications, 12(3):215-226, 2009.
20. Paolo Soda and Giulio Iannello. Aggregation of classifiers for staining pattern recognition in antinuclear autoantibodies analysis. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 13(3):322-329, 2009.
21. Paolo Soda, Amelia Rigon, Antonella Afeltra, and Giulio Iannello. Automatic acquisition of immunofluorescence images: Algorithms and evaluation. In 19th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pages 386-390, 2006.
22. Elio Tonutti, Danila Bassetti, Anna Piazza, Daniela Visentini, Monica Poletto, Franca Bassetto, Patrizio Caciagli, Danilo Villalta, Renato Tozzoli, and Nicola Bizzaro. Diagnostic accuracy of elisa methods as an alternative screening test to indirect immunofluorescence for the detection of antinuclear antibodies. evaluation of five commercial kits. Autoimmunity, 37(2):171-176, 2004.
23. SE VOLLSET. Evaluation of diagnostic tests for antinuclear antibodies in rheumatological practice. Scand. J. Immunol, 52:309-315, 2000.
24. Allan S Wiik, Mimi H0ier-Madsen, Jan Forslid, Peter Charles, and Jan Meyrowitsch. Antinuclear antibodies: a contemporary nomenclature using hep-2 cells. Journal ofautoimmunity, 35(3):276-290, 2010.