How do I set the stage for sexuality?
Creating a sensual environment can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Understanding your own personal needs and wants as well as the interests of your partner is helpful.
Feng shui is the ancient Chinese practice believed to utilize the laws of both heaven (astronomy) and earth (geography) to help you improve your life by receiving positive energy. The modern practice of feng shui is the art of arranging objects (such as furniture) to help people achieve personal goals though a harmonious environment. Feng shui knowledge can be used to create a nice, aesthetically pleasing environment; this allows for a sense of balance and warmth and makes certain that furniture matches the room size.
Most people have intercourse in the bedroom, so some important items to remember to include are as follows:
• A large, high-quality mattress is essential. Ensure that is comfortable for you and your partner. It should not be too hard or too soft.
• Mood lighting (dimmers should be on master bedroom lighting) and cotton or silky sheets are also must-haves for a sensual environment.
• Artwork that is serene and depicting loving romantic scenes should also be placed in the bedroom.
• Personal symbols of love, happiness, wedding, or honeymoon pictures, for example, should fill the room with serenity and loving compassion.
Some things to avoid, according to feng shui principles, that may affect sexual intimacy include a storage room aligned with the master bedroom (this will decrease energy and may lead to depression or money loss), toilet facing your bed, lots of storage underneath the bed, irregular-shaped rooms with many angles and missing corners, or dead or dried flowers. All these factors create negative energy and may affect libido and sexual function.
You also do not want a noisy environment, or one that is ruined by much noise and air pollution (disruption of sleep and mood). Air quality should be good, and your bed should not be aligned with a window because the lack of privacy may hinder sexual intimacy. A healthy, healing environment can create a place that will promote kissing, touching, and intercourse. An environment can create a balance of energy and promote sexual wellness.
Aromatherapy can be used as an adjunct to enhance the mood: try a few drops of your favorite essential oil in a water-filled spray bottle and scent the room. A few drops on your pillow or on a light bulb ring can provide a sensual aroma to a boring or dull room. Scent your lingerie or prepare your own signature massage oil. Some of the preferred oils to promote sensuality and seduction include clary sage, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, and cinnamon. Scented massage oils or lotions also can be incorporated into the sexual repertoire.
Romantic music may also set the stage for a perfect sexual encounter. Sometimes couples have a special song or one that has special lyrics that can be played to enhance the mood. Old wonderful memories can resurface. Some artists of love songs include Andréa Bocelli, Michael Buble, Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, Frank Sinatra, and Enya. Candles, aromatic and scented massage oils, and sexy lingerie for both him and her can also help seal the mood of romance and love.
How can color therapy be useful for sexuality?
According to About.com, color therapy, also known as chromotherapy, is classified as a vibrational healing technique that incorporates the use of energies within living organisms such as plants, gemstones and crystals, water, sunlight, and sound. Color is simply a form of visible light. The color of our clothes and our environment can influence how we feel and how we act. Sexuality is no exception. A therapist who is specifically trained in color therapy applies light and color to balance energy in the areas of our bodies that are lacking vibrance, be it physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental.
Color therapy is the practice by which colors that you wear or those in your environment promote feelings within each individual. Think about the colors you wear and the mood you are in. Do they complement each other? What about the décor in your bed chamber? Is it calming and soothing and colored as a place designed for love, sensuality, and nurturance? Do you feel sexy in this room? According to the Chakra Color website, several colors have meaning when it comes to enhancement of sexuality:
• Blue is cooling to body and mind and promotes relaxation. It is often used in the interior of the home and bedroom because it enhances the quiet mind.
• Purple is associated with self-esteem and spirituality.
• Green is the color of nature and is associated with tranquility and balance. It is a relaxing color for the brain, a healing color, because it soothes the body, mind, and spirit.
• Orange represents happiness, passion, and extroversion. Orange can stimulate creativity, vitality, and also male and female sensuality. Some experts feel that visualizing orange can eliminate depression and can bring joy and happiness.
• Yellow is associated with creativity and optimism and may enhance mood. Yellow is empowering and the symbol of the sun.
• Pink is the color of sensuality.
• Red is thought to be a powerful color of physical nature and is energizing and can be associated with deep emotions like love and anger. Red is often viewed as the symbol of life and courage, passion, and love.
Gemstones and Sexuality
Smoky quartz, the color of which ranges from light to dark shades of brown and gray, is often attributed the ability to neutralize negativity and also activates survival instincts. Some gemologists believe that the smoky crystals ground light force, transmitting energy into the physical body, enhancing focusing and concentration. They may eliminate fatigue and diminish procrastination. Some gemologists believe that smoky crystals can increase sexuality and fertility. Think about getting a small piece of smoky quartz today for your bedroom.
Diamonds are considered the modern symbol of eternal love. Carnelian gemstones are associated with increased sexual libido. Yellow zircon is thought to attract love into your life. Garnet, rhodonite, rose quartz, and clear quartz crystals have also been associated with enhanced love, passion, and human connectedness.