The surface tension with the increase of basicity is also increasing. With different Al2O3 content, the surface tension increases with the increase of A12O3 content in the slag system when the basicity < 2.0. On the contrary, when the basicity > 2.0, the surface tension decreases with the increase of A12O3 content in the slag system.
The melting temperature and the melting range of the experimental slag are gradually expanded by increase of basicity and content of Al2O3 and MgO. However, the effect of the slag system will gradually decrease with the Al2O3 increasing. The increase of the content of magnesium can improve the melting temperature of slag system and decrease the melting range.
Acknowledgements This work is financially supported by item sponsored by National Science Foundation of China (NO. 51474124,NO.51504131,NO. 51504132NO.51674139NO.51604148) and Anshan Science and technology project (NO. 4104).
1. Zhang J. Applicability of Mass Action Law to Sulphur Distribution between Slag Melts and Liquid Iron [J]. Journal of University Science and Technology Beijing, 2002, 9(2):90-98.
- 2. Thermodynamic Calculations on Low Melting Point Area of SiO2-Al2O3-CaO-MgO Inclusion and Its Control. IRON AND STEEL, 2001, 46(1):39-44.
- 3. H. Ohta, H. Suito. Activities in CaO-MgO-Al2O3 slags and deoxidation equilibria of Al, Mg and Ca [J]. ISIJ International, 1996, 36(8): 983-990.
- 4. WANG Xinhua, CHEN Bin, JIANG Min, et al. Effect of Slag Metal Reaction on Formation of Non metallic Inclusions of Lower Melting Temperature in High Strength Alloyed Structural Steel [J]. IRON AND STEEL, 2008, 43(12):28-32.
- 5. Xiaodong MA, Geoff WANG, Shengli WU, et al. Phase Equilibria in the CaO-SiO2-Al2O3- MgO System with CaO/SiO2 Ratio of 1.3 Relevant to Iron Blast Furnace Slags [J]. ISIJ International, 2015, 55(11):2310-2317.
- 6. LIN Teng-chang, ZHU Rong, WANG Cheng-jie, et al.. Simulation on influence of MgO content on liquid phase in CaO-SiO2-Al2O3-MgO slag [J]. Journal of University of Science and Technology Beijing. 2014, 3 6(1):156-161.
- 7. YEUM K S, SPEISER R, POIRIER D R. Estimation of the surface tension of binary liquid alloys. Metallurgical Transactions B, 1989, 20 (5):693-703.
- 8. NAKAJIMA K. Estimation of interfacial tension between phases in the molten iron-slag-inclusion (alumina) system. Journal of the Iron and Steel Institute of Japan, 1994, 80(5): 383-388.
- 9. YANG Jingjun, WU Yang, CHENG Guoguang. Study on Melting Characteristic of CaO-MgO-Al2O3-SiO2-CaF2 Quinary Slag System [J]. Hot Working Technology, 2014, 43 (7):77-78.
- 10. YANG Jingjun, CHENG Guoguang. Study on Influence of CaO-Al2O3-MgO Ternary Slag on Fluid Steel Cleanness [J]. INDUSTRIAL HEATING, 2014, 43(1):36-39.